We Break A Path, If You Hit A DeadEnd!
Home Page Search Contact Links FAQ Gallery Downloads Smilies
Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Like every other forum we also have some rules: Board-Rules

PLEASE DO NOT FORGET: Rules shouldn't be broken!

The Board-Administration

New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
Previous topic | Next topic 

Will the Barbs die?
Yes, Barbarians will vanish. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, but only the weak Barbs will vanish. 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
No, Barbs will always be there. 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
How shall I know? 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 3
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:52 pm 
Director

Mood: Happy
Have thanks: 17 times
Local time: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:53 am
Main-Char-Name: AscobolBeast
Main-Char-Class: Untamed - Barbarian
Faction: DeadEnd
Position: Director
Will the Barbs die?

Here is a discussion about the topic in the Official Forum: End Game Sage Barb

I know one thing for sure: My Barb won't die!! Long life AscobolBeast! :tiger026: :tiger044:

Profile for RurouniTenshi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:44 pm 
Executor

Have thanks: 7 times
Main-Char-Name: Brynneth
Main-Char-Class: Winged Elves - Cleric
Position: Executor
I don't know, i do think with the new classes and the priveledges they are getting (not in comparison to other char) the full tank barb is no longer an ultimate. i think the barb char will be first to suffer, followed up by cler and archer. we will see. for 1 matter i have a favorite barb, and if i am to go anywhere in pwi that requires a squad i hope he'll be in it ;-) :tiger008: :tiger048:

deadend all the way! :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:08 pm 
Director

Oh nice for Tomoki. :tiger042: :tiger042:

*huggles Brynn* :tiger029: :tiger002:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:14 pm 
Executor

Have thanks: 7 times
Main-Char-Name: Brynneth
Main-Char-Class: Winged Elves - Cleric
Position: Executor
:tiger014: Tomoki-san i'd go anywhere with also :tiger016:

as well as all other deadend barbies :tiger018: :tiger023:

:tiger021: :tiger025: :tiger026: :tiger029: :tiger026: :tiger029: :tiger037: :tiger048:

deadend all the way! :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:52 pm 
Commissioner

Have thanks: 0 time
Local time: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:53 pm
Main-Char-Name: lofan
Main-Char-Class: Untamed - Venomancer
Position: Commissioner
Let us not forget the reason that barbs have always been the tank class above all others. Whilst i don't know what the seekers have that could offer competition to the barbs, or even if im right about the reason why barbs are the best, unless the seekers can exceed that skill, barbs aren't going anywhere. Besides, even if seekers can exceed barbs as tanks, everyone knows barbs are proven tanks so that just means it will be easier for squads to get tanks because they will have more than one choice.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:21 am 
Director

Yes, thats right, Barbs are the tank class. But we partly have problems to tank now, and there are no new classes yet. (Atleast not seeker and mystic).
Why? Because the fast attackers (high APS [Attacks per Second]). And so for example a barb can't tank if a 5.0 APS assassin is attacking.

And whats even worse: If a barb and APS sin duel, the barbs dies before he did his first attack. Because the sin is too fast.

Of course that doesn't count on all sins, only the high APS ones. And yes not all barbs have that problem. Only the sage barbs. But exactly these are the main tanks. :tiger033:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:34 am 
Leader

Mood: Cool
Have thanks: 5 times
Main-Char-Name: Serenyia
Main-Char-Class: Winged Elves - Archer
Position: Leader
Well this is a usefull discussion , :tiger014:

Honestly i doubt the barb will die out, :tiger020: yes really i doubt it.
even if the new classes come out there will be a way to play all among eachother, :tiger023:
sure my own barb is far from beeing sage etc but the fishies came and there was a lot of rumor about other classes beeing not needed anymore, im mainly an archer when am i ever asked for??? and did archers disappear no they are still here playing, :tiger039:

look at clerics, :tiger006: , yes they are here but they are few, in world chat or runs you can always do your FB free or BH cause there is no cleric out there willing to help or high enough to help :tiger047: . even if they are always critisised, you let us die, you didnt heal good enoug, why didnt you BB and lure all the mobs to uss so we can die... :tiger047:
and when are clerics ever thanked for helping in fcc or so? :tiger017:
isnt it always Great thanking barb or well done BM even venos get more appreciation even when whole pwi was upset when the herc came out cause then there would be no need for a barb anymore...... :tiger040:
where was this squad without the help of a cleric to keep them all alive? to look after them? :tiger033:
im sometimes amazed there are still clerics out there,
sure they all want one in a squad, we all love them but its oh so easy to hurt a clerics feeling, yes i speak out of experiance and im sure brynn and Zarukysan will agree with me. :tiger001:

these new classes sure look threatening and the sins overpowering a barb who is like 20 levels higher and sage is a scary thought :tiger009: but i have seen it more then once.
but SINS AND FISHIES CANT TANK, then a BM? i doubt he can take the place off a barb cause i overtake bm's and fishies do too. :tiger025:

i see many barbs go from sage to demon mode cause they do more attack and can hold aggro better by doing more damage honestly i prefer the sage barb, :tiger029: :tiger031:
look at ascobol and tell me who can play without him tanking?
not only cause he is my boyfriend but serenyia and all my other chars would not have gotten this far without him. :tiger048:

and Tomokisan :tiger031: his barb is doing really good too. :tiger014:
why should that be distroyed? I agree on that for the time beeing that it might be harder to play a barb from february on atleast when the new classes are high enough and we actually know what they can do, :tiger034:
if barbs die out in pwi i atleast know one faction who will have a few handsome good barbplayers on our side, :tiger032:

and allthough i will make the new classes ill never abandon my other chars and DeadEnd will always need our beloved barbs clerics venos blademasters and hopefully they will need my archer too. :tiger025:

so till i actually know more about these seekers their abbilities for tanking or overpowered damage controle i cant say i worry to much, :tiger027:
i believe most people are a bit to negative on the classes sometimes give them a change and then we can see. pwi didnt make them for no reason, :tiger016:

if they are so liked in china why is our game any different? :tiger012:
and that aside according to people i know the new classes the fishies and barbs play very nicely in squads, :tiger026:

befor that time is here, dont lose faith okay, whether your a barb or not. you will prevail
your one of the toughest classes in pwi the best tanker pwi can wish for and needed on every day and event,
i do not believe you will die out.

GO SAGE BARBS !!!!
Ill always believe in the power of a barb, :tiger044:

so there for See you in game pretty loveable kitties :tiger038:

I salute you all :tiger019: or the deadend way

all for one, and one for all lets save our kitties, :tiger014:

:tiger048: Hisoka

In every story there are ...
Anger ...Image
Heroisme ...Image
Magic ...Image
Sadness ...Image
Friendship ...Image
But ...
Above all things ...
LOVE ...Image

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.